Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Thin Man


Actor William Powell played retired (supposedly) detective Nick Charles in six "Thin Man" movies, dating from 1934 to 1947.

Cocktails and intrigue...
It seems this former sleuth can't
sit on his "Asta."



THE PRINCIPAL CAST OF "THE THIN MAN" SERIES: Myrna Loy as Nora Charles, William Powell as Nick Charles and, of course, their dog Asta.


One would never guess that prohibition had been repealed not long before, making the availability of liquor a novelty.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of his Thin Man movies, hopefully they will be on TCM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says you got shot in the tabloids.

    Nonsense, they never got near my tabloids....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't mind, but I laughed out loud when I read your haiku -- wonderful. I'm a big fan of The Thin Man and this fits perfectly.

    By the way, I added a link on my blog to Hollywood Haiku under the heading "Artists in Action." I'm looking forward to following your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, geez — thank you!!!

    I wish I were that funny all the time. I got lucky, with this one.

    ReplyDelete